Saturday, April 2, 2011

Everyday is a Special day

I have stuff (mainly dishes) that for years just came out during the holidays. Or practices that I would do then that I wouldn't normally do everyday; i. e., serving milk out of a pitcher instead of the plastic jug, using napkins as opposed to paper towels off the roll, actually setting the table properly, putting condiments in bowls instead of plopping the jars on the table, ...  Then one day I woke up and realized that day was just as special as a holiday!  The people in the house that day (even if it was just me and Steve) were worth the extra effort to make things nice, so...  I started the practice of setting the table, using more serving pieces, and striving to treat each day as the special day that it is.  Don't get me wrong-there are still times that yes-the mayonnaise jar sits on the table, but it is not uncommon or unexpected to  find the ketchup in individual sauce bowls at each plate.  Today is a gift from God and each person that enters our hearts and homes are worthy of us giving our finest for them, so go ahead and Use Your Good Dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment