Thursday, March 31, 2011

Temporary Custodian

Who among us doesn't know that Elizabeth Taylor just recently passed away?  She was a very beautiful woman, wonderful actress, wife to many, mother to four, the list goes on and on.  I enjoyed many of her movies but never really considered myself a 'fan'.  I did not hang on her every word or keep up with her comings and goings.  Upon her death however, I read a quote from an interview that she had given that really impressed me.  I will not embarass myself by trying to quote her verbatim, but the topic was about her many fabulous jewels and she said something to the effect of, "I have been very fortunate to be the temporary custodian of some very beautiful things."  That really got me to thinking!  Isn't that all we really are?  Just 'temporary custodians'; of our body, the possessions we gather, the space we occupy, the land we till and toil over, ...  God has a much more permanent plan and place for us all but until we enter into that glory with Him-Use your good dishes!

2 comments:

  1. Melinda, I am loving the Blog. I have put posts on every day but never could get them to actually post until today. I have had the same ah-ha moment as you have. I have pulled out all the "good dishes and crystal" and use them for these grandkids and kids of mine to see. They are so beautiful and the kids love them. I love watching them be so careful with them, and to see them love and experience the beauty of these things is beyond words. My Mama spent her whole life "saving for good" as you said, and we as children never really got to use and love these things. After my little wake up call from God, I realized that time is precious, measured only by God, so you live each day to the fullest. I love watching them sit on the fancy couch that we were never allowed to touch LOL. They love hearing the stories about our family and all these items, and now they really are SPECIAL to me, and I realize the love mama had for them. I love them too, just as you say to be the temporary custodian of so much love. Love to you J

    ReplyDelete